Study: The Tremendous Doctrinal Analogies
between the first Adam and the Last Adam.
PLEASE READ FIRST
Study to show yourself approved to God!
Grace Bible Church
Robert R. McLaughlin Bible Ministries
God’s Word is taught Wednesday, Friday and Sunday mornings
between the first Adam and the Last Adam.
Terms & Abbreviations used:
Human Good = Evil + Good Deeds while not in fellowship with God
Old Sin Nature = Old Sin Nature
TLJC = The Lord Jesus Christ
SSE = Spiritual Self Esteem
PVTD = Positive Volition Towards Doctrine [Bible Truth]
+H - The Happiness of God
NVTD = Negative Volition Towards Doctrine
Doctrine = Bible Truth
To look up other “terms”, go to:
BEGIN BIBLE STUDY
Unless otherwise noted, scripture quotes and references are from the NASB – New American Standard Bible. However, a few may be corrected translations developed from the exegetical study of the original languages.
between the first Adam and the Last Adam.
Rom 5:15-16, For if by the transgression of the one [Adam] the many died [the human race] much more did the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abound to the many But not as that transgression [Adam’s original sin], so also is that gracious gift [the work of Christ]. For if by the transgression of [that] one [Adam] the many died [spiritual death], much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, by the one man, Jesus Christ, who has provided superabundance for the many. And the gift [salvation and TLJC] is not like that which came through the one who sinned [our Lord’s gift is different then what Adam gave us]; for on the one hand the judgment [of Adam’s original sin] arose from one transgression [Adam partaking of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil] resulting in condemnation [that is condemnation of the entire human race], but on the other hand the free gift arose from many transgressions resulting in justification [anyone who believes in TLJC receives +R and is justified before God].
In other words, the last Adam is not like the first Adam but there are similarities and dissimilarities between the two Adam’s which have to do with our main subject of the justice and righteousness of God and they fall under the principles of biblical typology.
First of all, one of the first similarities is found in Luk 3:38 where Adam is called the son of God as our Lord is called the same-Adam is the only member of the human race other than our Lord who is called the son of God. Now, we are all called sons of God or children of God but Adam was literally called a son of God in Luk 3:38. So that is our first analogy because as all of us know that one of the titles of our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
Another similarity and analogy under the doctrine of typology is that Adam’s sonship is physical. He was created by God out of the dust of the earth. Therefore in the physical sense, God is Adam’s father. In Gen 2:7, Then the Lord God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being. It’s interesting and more proof of the Word of God being divinely inspired that when reduced to its basic elements, man’s body is found to be composed of sixteen elements; carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, fluorine, sodium, magnesium, silicon, sulphur, phosphorus, chlorine, potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, and iodine. All which are found in the dust of the ground! It is also interesting that man’s life depends upon the heartbeat, the pulse, and the brain waves, and the brain is nourished by the blood which is put in motion by the oxygen from breathing. Therefore, man still needs the breath of life to live.
The physical body of Adam was created first but it did become alive until God breathed into his nostrils, not the breath of life, but the word life is in the plural and it means the breath of life (s) — soul and spirit.
Job 32:8, But it is a spirit in man, And the breath of the Almighty gives them understanding.
This is how God became the literal father of Adam since He created his physical body directly from the ground and while at the grave the Bible says.
Eccl 12:7, then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it.
3. Jesus’ sonship, on the other hand, is spiritual. He is God’s only begotten son.
John 1:14, And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.
John 1:18, No man has seen God at any time; the only begotten God, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.
John 3:16, For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life
4. Adam was a created being, the Lord Jesus Christ is not a created being; He is the Creator — For by Him all things were created (John 1:3; Col 1:15-17).
Col 1:15, And He is the image [the Greek says — the exact image] of the invisible God, the first born of all creation.
Heb 1:3, And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, [not like a representation of the nature of God but the exact representation of God’s nature – you cannot get any clearer than that] and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Col 1:16-17, For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities all things have been created by Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.
Although both were sons of God the sonship of Christ is far superior.
5. Adam was miraculously born (Gen 2:7) and this is also true also of the Lord TLJC. Adam was formed out of the dust of the earth – God created him full grown, TLJC was conceived by the Holy Spirit, both were miracles.
Matt 1:18, Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows. When His mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child by the Holy Spirit. – A miraculous birth.
6. TLJC, on the other hand, was born of a virgin, Isa 7:14, conceived of the Holy Spirit and therefore Adam’s birth was a shadow of Christ’s birth.
7. Adam loved his bride, the woman later on called Eve. He cared for her and was concerned (Gen 2:23-25). Just as Adam loved his bride Jesus loves His bride, the Church. Adam’s love for his bride is found in Gen 2:23-25, And the man said, This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man. For this cause a man shall leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.
8. Adam loved his wife because she was given to him by God. Christ loves His church because she was given to Him by God. Our Lord’s love for the church is given in John 17:22, And the glory which Thou hast given Me I have given to them; that they may be one, just as We are one;
9. Through the first Adam’s disobedience, sin entered the world. But through the last Adam, TLJC, salvation from sin has entered the world.
10. Because of the first Adam, spiritual death entered into the world whereas because of the Last Adam spiritual life came into the world.
11. The first Adam turned from the Father in the garden of Eden; the last Adam turned to the Father in the garden of Gethsemane.
12. The first Adam was naked and unashamed in the garden; the last Adam was naked and bore our shame on the Cross. In Gen 2:25, And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed. Whereas in Heb 12:2, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
13. The first Adam’s sin brought us thorns; the last Adam wore a crown of thorns.
Gen 3:17-18, Then to Adam He said, Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat from it’; Cursed is the ground because of you; In toil you shall eat of it All the days of your life. Both thorns and thistles it shall grow for you; And you shall eat the plants of the field;
So, the first Adam brought the curse of thorns into the world while the last Adam wore a crown of thorns to remove the curse.
Matt 27:29, And after weaving a crown of thorns, they put it on His head, and a reed in His right hand; and they kneeled down before Him and mocked Him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews!
14. The first Adam chose himself over God whereas the last Adam was God substituting Himself for us.
Gal 3:13, Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us for it is written, Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree
15. The first Adam sinned at a tree; the last Adam bore our sins on a tree.
Gen 3:6, When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make one wise, she took from its fruit and ate; and she gave also to her husband with her, and he ate.
Whereas in 1Pe 2:24, Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. (KJV)
16. The first Adam died as a sinner; the last Adam died for sinners.
Gen 5:5, all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years, and he died.
17. The first Adam lost the tree of life; the last Adam is the tree of life; Pro 3:18, because the word is Christ then TLJC is the tree of life, Rev 22 .
18. The first Adam was the head of the old creation; the last Adam is the head of the new creation.
Cen 1:18, He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the first born from the dead; so that He Himself might come to have first place in everything.
19. The first Adam was created in God’s image; the last Adam is God’s image.
In Gen 1:27, And God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Whereas in Col 1:15, He is the image of the invisible God, the first born of all creation.
20. The first Adam was to reign over all the earth; the last Adam will reign over all the earth forever and ever.
Gen 1:28, And God blessed them; and God said to them, Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.
But in Rev 11:15, And the seventh angel sounded; and there arose loud voices in heaven, saying, The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord, and of His Christ; and He will reign forever and ever.
21. The first Adam was the first husband; the last Adam will be the ultimate, eternal husband.
Gen 2:23-24, And the man said, This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man. For this cause a man shall leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.
Rev 19:6-7, And I heard, as it were, the voice of a great multitude and as the sound of many waters and as the sound of mighty peals of thunder, saying, Hallelujah! For the Lord our God, the Almighty, reigns. Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready.
22. The first Adam was alone and needed a counterpart, someone who is equal; the last Adam is alone and desires a counterpart, His bride.
Gen 2:18, Then the Lord God said, It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him. Whereas in 1TIi 2:4, our Lord desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
23. The first Adam was seeking a natural wife; the last Adam is seeking a spiritual wife.
We know that the first Adam sought for someone because Gen2:20 says, And the man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the sky, and to every beast of the field, but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him. And yet we read in John 4:23, But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.
24. The first Adam was put to sleep to produce the woman; the last Adam was put to death to purchase the church; Acts 20:28.
Gen 2:21-22, So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh at that place. And the Lord God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.
Acts 20:28, Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.
25. The first Adam came out from the ground; the last Adam fell into the ground and died and was buried but rose again.
John 12:24, Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains by itself alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.
26. The first Adam died and his body returned to the ground; Eccl 12:7, the last Adam died and His body went to heaven.
1Pe 3:22, who is at the right hand of God, having gone into heaven, after angels and authorities and powers had been subjected to Him.
27. The first Adam’s side was opened; the last Adam’s side was pierced.
Remember, in Gen 2:21, So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh at that place.
Notice that our Lord opened up Adam’s side to bring forth His bride.
Gen 2:22, And the Lord God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.
Whereas, the Last Adam, TLJC, had His side opened in assure our salvation; John 19:34, but one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately there came out blood and water.
Speaking of our salvation and our Lord spilling forth blood and water to reveal that He was truly 1human Job 5:8 says, For there are three that bear witness, the Spirit and the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.
28. The first woman, Eve was taken out of the first Adam; the church was taken out of the last Adam.
29. Eve was brought to the first Adam without sin; the church will be presented to the last Adam without sin.
30. Eve possessed same nature and life as the first Adam, the church possesses is the same nature and life as the last Adam, TLJC.
2Pe 1:4, For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, in order that by them you might become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust.
So Rom 5:16, And the gift [the Last Adam, TLJC, is not like that which came through the one [the first Adam who sinned] on the one hand the judgment [of the entire human race] arose from one transgression [Adam’s] resulting in condemnation, but on the other hand the free gift [TLJC bring salvation] arose from many transgressions resulting in justification.
Ticket to Heaven, it was written for anyone not absolutely certain about their eternal future.